About Perry County
Did you know that the Perry County Extension office is a "branch office" of The Ohio State University? The Ohio State University Extension is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture, The Ohio State University, and Perry County Commissioners. Our Perry County Office is your front door to The Ohio State University.
We are the world's largest nonformal educational system. Our practical educational programs combine the needs of local citizens and communities, with new research and technical information.
A few areas of focus are Agriculture, 4-H Youth Development, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Community Development. These programs are continuously being evaluated and updated to meet the changing needs and issues facing our community.
Mission Engaging people to strengthen their live and communities through research-based educational programming.
Vision OSU Extension is a dynamic educational entry that partners with individuals, families, communities, business and industry, and organizations to strengthen the lives of Ohioans.
As Extension educators, we:
- Focus on critical economic, environmental, leadership and youth and family issues.
- Engage people in lifelong learning.
- Apply knowledge and practical research to the diverse needs and interests of Ohioans in rural, suburban and urban communities.
- Extend resources of The Ohio State University.
- Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension's efforts while developing their leadership potential.
- Enhance teamwork through networking and connections.
- Link youth, family and community needs to scholars in Ohio and nationwide.
- Teach with cutting-edge strategies using new technologies and appraches.
In Extension we value:
- Excellence in educational programming.
- Grassroots programs that engage local people in solving problems and addressing challenges.
- Unbiased researched based information.
- Practical education that helps people help themselves.
- Timely responses to clientele concerns.
- Credibility with clientele and funders.
- Honesty and integrity in our work.
- Teamwork within offices, with clientele and with our educational partners.
- Flexability/adaptability in local programming.
- Programming without discrimination and employment of people representing the diverse population of Ohio.